Search the site faster, use google

Google
 

Contents

Friday, February 15, 2008

Jodha Akbar

Here is a review from Vani from HrithikRules.com I must say she is the most unbiased reviewer,  Although a Hrithik fan she didnt rate his last few movies highly..

Here is her her Review

I am not surprised that the reviews are mentioning the length of the movie, I actually had a bit of a problem with it too (in the first half only). Reason being Ashu has used the first 1hr of the movie merely to introduce the characters, to me that is fine since I enjoy it when they explain the characters well than just rushing into it. However a normal audience might get a bit restless during that phase. Surprisingly once your past the first hour of the movie the pace just picks up and you dont get a minute to think about anything from then on,

Peformance wise everyone was fabulous. To begin with

Aish: She was as sweet as honey. She just slipped into the role of Jodhaa so beautifully, its difficult to imagine anyone else in her role. She looked simple and simply stunning. Her role is a little shorter than what I expected but she was brilliant in every scene, delivering undoubtedly the BEST performance of her career till date. She reminded me of the Nandini from HDDCS and that has been my absolute fav from her till now, I think Ashu as a director has gotten the best out of her since then.

Sonu Sood: Aww I feel sorry for him, he’s a pretty decent actor, I wonder why he dosent get too many good roles? He was very good as Sujamal in the movie, I have to admit initially I was a bit hesitant on how he would match up with Hrithik and Ash but he did just fine.

The rest of the supporting cast was adequate, all had very short roles so there is no need to even bother. Sadly I wanted to see more of Poonam Singh but she also had a sorta short role. Frown

Then comming to Hrithik: *sigh* That’s the only thing I could say at the end of the movie, Hrithik IS Akbar. He was brilliant in the role and Akbar is definitely the most challenging role he has played till date and he plays it with perfection. Smile Hrithik is there in literally every frame of the movie, he delivers and how! Just like Ash,

I feel Ashu has brought out the best in Hrithik too, he has made excellent use of Hrithik’s best quality as an actor- the ability to express through his eyes. Whether its the passion he feels for Jodhaa, his desire to break away from the norms that the Mughals have been following over years and bring in more peace into his kingdom or his anger at being betrayed. Comming to the action, Hrithik’s like a pro at it now, he is so much at ease in front of the camera while doing action scenes that its difficult to believe him when he talks about how much pain he went through doing them.

Now the important part- Hrithik’s Urdu. I dont speak Urdu but I do understand it very well (not the extremely high level) Personally I felt his Urdu was just FINE! I read a few people had issues with him but I wasnt able to figure out any sort of problem with his diction except in 2 scenes when he was required to be really high pitch and therefore it sounded a little wrong. Other than that I have to admit he has indeed worked tremendously hard on his diction and I was pleasantly surprised Very Happy

Ps: Hrithik also spoke one Pashtu line in the movie and I was just Shocked at that time, he uses it to describe Ash’s beauty and it sounded amazing!

Now to Hrithik and Ash as a pair onscreen, IMO they are a pair made for each other on screen. From the minute they came together in the same scene I was just glued to the screen, they compliment each other so beautifully and definitely seem to bring out the best from each other as actors, their comfort level is evident on screen. The scenes between them are cute beyond words Sloppy

My fav scenes between Hrithik-Ash, and otherwise

1- The first time Hrithik see’s Ash’s face and vice versa. Cute simply CUTE!

2- Ash’s introduction, I thought it was the PERFECT way to introduce her character *spoiler* its in a sword fighting scene *spoiler end*

3- When Ash tells Hrithik about how he knows how to rule but can never win the hearts of the people, both in reference to her and his territory. Boy both of them were so BRILLIANT in this scene!

4- The Sword fighting between Hrithik and Ash, EXCELLENT! I specially loved this cause you could see how Angry Jodhaa is and how Akbar was simply enjoying teasing her throughout the fight. *spoiler* I love the way he wins over her and specially removes her turban haha! *spoiler end*

5- The scene where Ash cooks for the entire clan

6- The scene where Hrithik has to find Ash amongst all the girls with the Ghoonghat Tongue

7- Hrithik practising his sword fighting *ahem* girls *ahem*, they literally focus on his sweat and trust me I wasnt complaining Naughty

8- Hrithik taming the elephant, I was literally clutching my bag, I was so damn SCARED watching it on screen, I cannot imagine how he even shot it!

9- The climax fight

10- Ash arguing with her father about marrying Akbar.

11- The wedding night scene

There were many other funny moments too in the movie, I cant recall everything right now.

Moving to the songs:

1- Man Mohana: This was my LEAST fav song in the entire album and after the picturization its just shot up. Watch it to know why.

2- Khawja Mere: I was sad about this one, honestly I wasnt too happy with the way it was picturized.

3- Jashn E Bahaaraa: I LOVE this one but it was picturized in bits and parts, not complaining though cause it was beautifully shot.

4- Azeemo Shaan: BRILLIANT!

5- In Lamhon Ke: Honestly speaking this one broke out a little out of the blue LOL! The only time I felt something was sorta misplaced but boy Hrithik-Ash chemistry was on FIRE in the song! Wink

Ashutosh as a director: The only thing I am going to say is that my respect for him as a director has gone even higher. He is exceptionally talented and just keeps getting better with every movie. I never had a doubt that he would do a fantastic job as a director and my belief has been re-affirmed yet again!

I dont know what I’ve missed out on right now, I’ll probably edit it in when I recall it. But JA to me in one word is- BEAUTIFUL! Its a simple romantic story that one would see in todays movies (just set in the Mughal era) and told in a very simple manner by AG.

There are no history lessons and nor are they distorting history in any manner, which brings me to mention that at the beginning of the movie they actually put up the disclaimer that there are many versions to this history about JA and this is just one version (glad they put it in).

So its definitely a Must See from my side, I hope everyone else enjoys it too!

 

  The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended addressee please contact the sender and dispose of this e-mail. Thank you. 

1 comment:

Joydeep Das said...

Hello Manish Chhetri,

We are pleased to announce the launch of 'Chakpak Picture Gallery Widgets - beta' . Movie Picture Gallery Widgets are small HTML scriptlets which you can copy to your blog and they show nifty picture gallery for the configured movie. They are a neat addition to your blog entry.

It looks like you are a movie buff, and frequently blog about movies. These Picture Gallery Widgets would be a great addition to the movie reviews that you write.

To start just go to http://chakpak-widgets.blogspot.com/ Find the widget which you like. Click on Grab this widget and copy-paste the HTML scriptlet to your blog.

We hope you like them. Please send us any feedback on the widgets and help us improve the widgets further.

Regards,
Chakpak Team
http://www.chakpak.com
http://chakpak-widgets.blogspot.com/